Friday, May 15, 2009

Saying Goodbye

This post will be half happy, half sad..

I have just said goodbye to the Mohinos, who drove me and all my luggage to Rena's apartment. I think even Blackie knew I was leaving, because her ears were back and she kept giving me little kisses. To tell you the truth, I started bawling as I rolled my suitcases away. Might still be bawling... they are such a wonderful family, I was lucky to live with such great people and be protected and loved by a family all the way on the other side of the world. It didn't really hit me until we were on the sidewalk that it was time to say goodbye. I didn't and don't feel ready. Saying goodbye.. well, it's the pits.

Someday, we will meet again.

Here is the happy part. I have wonderful parents at home who have given me the opportunity to travel and experience more of Spain for two weeks. Today, I leave for Barcelona with some good friends to tour, soak up the sun, and experience Barcelona. Later, I travel to Portugal with Rena to visit our friend Margarida. Who knows what will come in the week that follows. And then, home. I come home to a crazy mix of wonderful people who I have carried with me all the way to Spain. Soon I will be able to hug all of my loved ones close! For all of this, I am very happy. Estoy contenta ;)

1 comment:

Jodes said...

Stephanie Renee,

The Mohino's will always be a part of your heart, so you never have to say goodbye; instead.. a "see you later" for now.

The best thing about memories is that you get to keep them forever, and take them wherever you go.

Daddy and I are so excited to have you come home. We can't wait to hear everything...start at the beginning and don't leave anything out....:)

We love you,
Mommie and Daddy
XOXOXOXOX