Saturday, March 21, 2009

St. Patty's Day

San Patricio! Although the holiday isn't officially celebrated in Spain, there are enough Irish pubs in Madrid for there to be a marked celebration of the Irish saint. I headed out to an Irish pub called O'Neills with Diana, Sandra & Javi, and we met up with a bunch of other people there. The streets were packed with English-speaking lunatics in preposterous green hats, it was fantastic. The pub was so full I am surprised we maneuvered our way through! Somehow we found everyone else - some girls that Diana works with at the Irish study abroad office, their friends and roommates and so on. I tried my first Guinness and absolutely loved it! It is the color of chocolate and has a very unique flavor that I very much like. Definitely won't be my last ;)

Feliz Dia de San Patricio!

No comments: