Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Turkish Burrito in Spain

Yes, I really did eat a turkish burrito here in Madrid. Rena, Margarida and I went to get kabap at this Turkish restaurant and we all got ours burrito-style. Then around 10 on our way back, stopped at a cafe "para tomar un cafe" (to have a coffee). Cafe con Leche, espresso with milk, is the most delicious and frequent drink here in Madrid. Always, people are going out to meet friends to have a coffee.

Other than that, it was a very laid back day. Slept in quite late (tee he he) and after a few hours of Rena studying (while I was re-organizing my stuff, and also studying my Spanish) the two of us went for a long walk down Calle Alcala. This street, which Rena lives on, is the longest in Madrid and runs throughout the entire city. We saw the Plaza del Toros, where the bullfighting arena is (I will NOT be going to a bullfight, thank you), and continued walking around, seeing the sights. We bought chocolate covered churros which were delicious, a lovely treat for strolling about the streets of Madrid. The clouds left us for a day and, although it was quite nippy out, the sun was shining and the sky was blue.

I hope I can say the same for tomorrow's weather - I am off to Escorial with Lea and Ania for the day!

4 comments:

Allidink said...

Loo Loo! Churros con chocolate! No te olvides! Te amo mi prima bonita! Te queda bien!

Tia Lia said...

Loo Loo - David wants you to eat something wierd like Baby Octopus! Or is it Octopi?

mommie said...

LOOLOO! Kabap and Cafe con Leche...YUMMO! I hope you have muey fun in Escorial and come back with lots of blog for us. Hugs Kisses and nose chompies from Poo & Ava. xoxxo

penginpunk said...

I'm seriously jealous about the churros :) You shall have to bring back obscure European chocolate for us to nibble on together!